CPP-Cleveland is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry. We have over 330 employees currently working in our Eastlake, OH facility.
We are currently looking for a Quality Engineer in our Quality department.
Quality Engineer – In this position, the successful candidate works with both internal and external customers in the research, development and implementation of broad based systems to support the quality interests of our customers. The successful candidate will have Quality experience preferably in an Aerospace or Automotive Environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Coordinate with our customer’s Engineering, Quality, and Purchasing representatives, suppliers, and all departments and levels of CPP Cleveland workforce providing, on a tactical level the technical support and the direction necessary to ensure compliance with the intent of customer quality expectations.
- Develop customer confidence internally and externally, by clear and expeditious response to customer queries and corrective action requests.
- Build an atmosphere of competence, cooperation and trust with customer representatives via Source Inspection and Supplier Product, Systems and Qualification Surveys.
- Assist in the prompt review, evaluation and disposition of customer purchase orders, drawings, specifications and related criteria.
- Help develop, compile, and distribute Final Inspection plans and related material in a timely fashion.
- Be proactive, innovative, and creative using judgment and decision making in the implementation of necessary quality programs.
- Monitor the organizations Corrective Action System (CARS/PARS)
- Create & Maintain Quality System compliance
- Manage internal audit process; lead 3rd party assessments & communicate results
- Act as primary QA contact for customers.
- Customer MRB submittals and Process Qualification submittals.
- Interface with customer source inspectors and quality auditors.
- Contract Review – including quote input, shop floor instructions, and inspection plans.
- Customer complaints, returns, corrective actions, etc.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work at the Eastlake facility
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a comprehensive knowledge of quality and quality systems, such as AS9100 is necessary.
• 2 - 3 years of quality engineer experience
• Experience in Aerospace or Automotive strongly preferred
• Strong communication skills, good PC skills, program management skills
• Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing a plus
• Able to work independently with minimal directions
CPP-Cleveland offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance.
CPP-Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Cleveland, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Cleveland. No Phone Call Please.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs