To set up, operate, and monitor all furnaces, baths, and quenching equipment, under available supervision, in processing castings to provided physical/chemical specifications and preparing castings for further processing consistent with established and accepted standards of quality and quantity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Organizes castings, racks, power assist equipment, and documentation necessary to complete assigned jobs and checks all documentation (travelers, special instructions, etc.) to ensure conformance with customer specifications.
- Sets up, adjusts, and monitors the operation of all furnaces consistent with provided instructions and established procedures.
- Certified Forklift Operator
- Ultrasonic Testing – Check the dimensions of different parts for the purpose of quality.
- Moves racks of heat treated castings to the designated department and/or staging area for further processing.
- Inspects completed work and performs rework and additional heat treating procedures as required.
- Checks with Lead Person and/or Supervisor on castings, racks, tools, and/or materials which are missing, shorted, or appear damaged and unusable to minimize production delay and rework.
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Ability to work overtime
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: N/A
- Certifications/Licenses: Forklift license preferred
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working Environment: Indoor working environment within various areas of a foundry facility
- Required PPE: PPE varies throughout the plant, check with area Supervisor to ensure proper PPE is being used
- Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant
- Steel toe shoes: Needed in all areas of the plant
It is the policy of CPP, Inc. to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs