We are currently looking for a Quality Engineer in our Quality department.
Quality Engineer – In this position, the successful candidate works with both internal and external customers in the research, development and implementation of broad based systems to support the quality interests of our customers. The successful candidate will have Quality experience preferably in an Aerospace or Automotive Environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Coordinate with our customer’s Engineering, Quality, and Purchasing representatives, suppliers, and all departments and levels of CPP workforce providing, on a tactical level the technical support and the direction necessary to ensure compliance with the intent of customer quality expectations.
- Able to perform dimensional inspection.
- Develop customer confidence internally and externally, by clear and expeditious response to customer queries and corrective action requests.
- Build an atmosphere of competence, cooperation and trust with customer representatives via Source Inspection and Supplier Product, Systems and Qualification Surveys.
- Assist in the prompt review, evaluation and disposition of customer purchase orders, drawings, specifications and related criteria.
- Help develop, compile, and distribute Final Inspection plans and related material in a timely fashion.
- Be proactive, innovative, and creative using judgment and decision making in the implementation of necessary quality programs.
- Monitor the organizations Corrective Action System (CARS/PARS)
- Create & Maintain Quality System compliance
- Manage internal audit process; lead 3rd party assessments & communicate results
- Act as primary QA contact for customers.
- Customer MRB submittals and Process Qualification submittals.
- Interface with customer source inspectors and quality auditors.
- Contract Review – including quote input, shop floor instructions, and inspection plans.
- Customer complaints, returns, corrective actions, etc.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work overtime
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a comprehensive knowledge of quality and quality systems, such as AS9100 is necessary.
• 2 - 3 years of quality engineer experience
• Experience in Aerospace or Automotive strongly preferred
• Strong communication skills, good PC skills, program management skills
• Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing a plus
• Able to work independently with minimal directions
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs