Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for a qualified Layout Inspector to join our team. This is a 1st shift position (5am -1:30pm) at our plant in Bloomington, MN. The Layout Inspector will operate precision measuring equipment to dimensionally inspect standard and complex castings & fixtures following blueprint specifications. CPP offers competitive pay and great benefits; experienced Layout Inspectors encouraged to apply today!
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Perform casting layouts by using CMM, Portable CMM, Laser Scanner and Dimensional Scanning (white light), equipment utilizing Digital Analysis Software and manual measurement tools.
- Scribe lines on castings and verify feature positions and shapes using precision measuring equipment to determine if existing dimensions meet blueprint specifications.
- Complete dimensional discrepancy reports, layout reports, engineering lists, customer forms, etc. and reviews with Engineers, Department Supervisors or Pattern Making personnel.
- Analyze castings of all complexities to determine the process for checking blueprint dimensions.
- Provide thorough feedback to manufacturing and engineering, on special interest findings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
1 year previous experience part layout inspection, GD&T and blueprint reading required for this position
Previous experience working with PolyWorks, PCMS/PCMM, CMM and/or PC-DMIS strongly preferred
Candidates for this role must possess a strong mathematical background
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand
- The employee frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/.
CPP-Minneapolis offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation, personal time, paid holidays and life insurance.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs