CPP-Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry. We have over 275 employees currently working in our Chittenango, NY facility.
We are currently looking for an 2020 Summer Engineering Internship in our Engineering department. Engineering Interns will be assigned to New Product Development engineering or Production Engineering working cooperatively with manufacturing to develop robust processes and tooling to support the company’s growth in the industrial and aerospace investment casting markets. The successful candidate to perform duties related to the metallurgical, process and dimensional engineering process for new part introduction. The intern will also work with engineering to help create a more robust operational process. The intern will work with shop floor personnel in regard to routing and instruction for new products along with after inspection operations.
- Develop, maintain, and teach “best practice” investment casting procedures and practices.
- Responsible for the construction of all dies (shrink factor analysis), gages, and support tooling needed to produce and inspect cores, wax patterns, and castings.
- Identify and address process yields using various data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, etc.) to uncover variables in the process that are not maintained in a controlled fashion.
- Strong working knowledge of GD&T
- Able to interpret customer drawings, specifications, models (CAD/NX), and layout reports
- Good written and oral communication skills required to develop internal job instructions
- Gage R&R, SPC, non-straightening processes and other cost reduction initiatives
- Identify, evaluate and implement new process technologies that advance manufacturing and product capabilities.
- Communicate with tooling vendors to design concepts for wax pattern die rework, the build of gate dies and support fixtures.
- Document work procedures and processes.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
- Improve Labor Utilization and Reduce Cost.
- Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results.
- Good verbal communications with all levels of management, manufacturing and customer engineering groups.
- Working on a BS in Engineering in your Junior or Senior Year (tooling design, and CAD [preferably NX] experience).
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), PC skills and program management skills.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Motivated individual with data driven problem solving techniques.
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is an internship position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs