Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) Eastlake has an immediate opening for a Knockout Operator to join our team! Associates will work under the direction of the Front End Operations Manager. Shall be familiar with the scope and limitations of the method.
Perform tasks necessary to knockout cores from castings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Organizes tools necessary to complete assigned work and checks all documentation (travelers, special instructions, etc.) which are available.
- Positions castings in Shaker machine and engages machine to shake off all sand cores and related materials.
- Removes castings form Shaker machine and operates various sized jackhammers to remove any excess sand and related materials from castings and places finished castings in appropriate area for removal.
- As required, when castings are returned from Bake out area, performs rewrapping duties, including clipping and pulling excess wires, blowing out excess sand with air hose, operating jackhammers and small Shaker machines to remove hardened sand and related materials according to customer and Company specifications.
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Education: High school diploma or GED required
- Experience: No prior experience required
- Certifications/Licenses: Forklift Certification
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Read. Write legibly. Ability to process new information. Basic computer skills. Reasoning ability. Good verbal communication skills. Good interpersonal skills. Detail oriented. Accurate. Safety conscious. Team oriented. Sense of urgency.
- Ability to lift, carry and/or push up to 50 lbs.
- Working Environment: Factory floor area working with caustic and fumes
- Required PPE: Check for required PPE in areas you may be working in
- Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant.
- Chemical resistant steel toe shoes.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL TASKS
Use computer screen
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs