Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for an experienced Process Engineer to join our team! This position reports to the Engineering Manager at our plant in City of Industry, CA. The Process Engineer is a key member of engineering team. Experience process/mechanical engineers with foundry experience are encouraged to apply.
- Interpret customer specifications relative to establishing internal written NDT specifications.
- Develop the overall metallurgical casting process from gate design to establishing casting parameters
- Investigate metallurgical failure using root cause analysis.
- Publish reports on research and completed tests using data-based decisions.
- Identify and improve process yields using various data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, etc.) to uncover variables in the process.
- Document work procedures and processes.
- Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results.
- Identify, evaluate and implement new process technologies that will extend manufacturing and product capabilities.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Improve labor utilization and reduce cost.
- Education: BS in Engineering or other technical field
- Experience: Minimum 5 years applicable experience: Metallurgist or Process Engineer in the investment casting industry. Increasing levels of responsibility. Proven problem-solving skills.
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of casting process, shell parameters and metallurgical impact. Working knowledge of solidification modeling. Solid works. Good written communication skills to develop CPP processing and work instructions. Good verbal communication skills and can feel at easy communicating with customer engineering groups. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent documentation skills. Assertive. Risk taker.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs