Individual will be responsible for the processing and inspecting of casting to required specifications and/or codes as directed by NDT Level III. This position will perform initial and final reading and interpretation of X-Ray film to detect casting defects and to ensure castings match customer specifications, under general supervision, consistent with established and accepted standards of quality and quantity. In addition, it will be hands in digital radiography.
- Per NAS 410, Level II personnel certified to this standard shall be recertified at intervals not to exceed five years. Recertification shall be accomplished by successful completion of practical and specific examinations equivalent to those required for initial certification.
- Set up standardized equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluate for acceptance or rejection, and document results.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique/method.
- Have the skills and knowledge to conduct system performance checks in accordance with the applicable process standard.
- Places film against viewing screen to conduct initial and final reading and interpreting by examining castings for flaws such as blows, cracks, excess sand, wires, gas porosity gas holes, core shifts, segregation, etc.
- Uses densitometer to ensure film coming out of the developer meets density specifications
- Ensures all film is properly developed by checking appropriate gauges, temperatures, etc.
- As required, types up customer reports identifying X-Ray reading results and interpretations
- Interpret codes, standards, specifications and other contractual documentation related to NDT methods acceptance criteria.
- Create techniques for specific radiographic Inspection tests.
- Prepare testing procedures.
- Coordinate with foundry and engineering personnel in the manufacturing process on test results.
- Conduct and direct the training of personnel in applicable NDT methods.
- Perform NDT inspections as long as the demonstration of proficiency of this capability is included in the practical examination upon which, in part, the certification is based.
- Be capable of providing the necessary guidance and/or supervision to Level 1 and Level 2 personnel.
- 1-2 years of X-Ray Reading procedures
- Must be Level II certified for RT
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and follow written work instructions, procedures, weld charts, techniques, etc.
- Attention to detail
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative manner with others
- Requires continuous standing, stooping and some heavy lifting
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition
- Other duties as assigned
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs