Wax Injector – This position the successful candidate to perform duties related to the setup and operation of 38/50 ton wax injection machines for production of a variety of wax patterns. Duties will include setting up, core prepping, reforming and operating of the largest floor type wax injection molding machine for production of a variety of patterns.
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
Perform all required duties relating to setting up and operating the 38/50 ton wax injection machine for production of a variety of patterns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for making a wide variety of wax patterns, including patterns made from complicated dies having a large number of die components and core inserts that have to be disassembled sequentially to remove pattern and reassembled for subsequent injection operations.
- Ability to work from instructions and prescribed routines to set up and operate equipment.
- Perform all required duties relating to setting up and operating the 38/50 ton wax injection machine for production of a variety of patterns.
- Ability to adjust various machine controls such as pressure, cycle time, temperature of wax, dwell time, and alignment of nozzle.
- Visually inspect and identify patterns for defects such as negatives, non-fills, etc.
- Keep leadership fully informed of irregularities or concerns.
- May be required to perform the functions of an Injector-1 as needed.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities through the use of tools such as Systematic Problem Solving, Process Management, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to read, understand and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and Manufacturing Instruction Sheets (MIS).
- Ability to format Standard Injection Practices (SIP).
- Ability to follow a written daily schedule.
- Ability to interact with other employees, engineers, tool room and maintenance departments in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read gauges.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, and sit for 8 – 12 hours; use hands to grasp, push, pull or rotate. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. Annual vision testing is required in this area.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
- Certifications/Licenses: Forklift license may be required
- Experience: Entry Level Position – Prior manufacturing experience a plus
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs