Position Summary and Responsibilities
Provides support in review of documentation associated with products furnished to customers. The scope of review includes both internal and supplier-furnished documentation for material traceability records on deliverable products. Ensure traceability records furnished to customers on products manufactured are complete and accurate. Properly file records both hardcopy and/or electronically for record retention and future reference. Interface with internal and external organizations to resolve documentation issues. May be assigned to various functional areas of the company. May handle a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office. May work on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and review various furnished documentation (e.g. certifications, raw material data) and verify the information provided is complete and accurate.
- Verify furnished material meets purchase order requirements & drawing based on information provided and written.
- Verifies the specification invoked on purchase order, Engineering Drawing and quality documentation matches same specification on certification.
- Verifies that there are no typographical or data entry errors affecting material traceability data integrity as it relates to material certification and making sure the alpha and/or numeric numbers are correct and properly transposed.
- Review production documentation such as route sheet, Bill of Material (BOM) and related Engineering drawings to prepare material traceability records and forms against production work orders.
- Interface with suppliers and internal purchasing personnel to resolve furnished traceability documentation and obtain required and updated records.
- Verify furnished records are legible and can legibly be reproduced.
- File both hardcopy and electronically material traceability records for future reference.
- Communicate verbally and in writing completion status of traceability records to various internal organizations/disciplines and have a process to track progress.
- Complete customer-directed traceability record forms as required to fulfill contractual requirements.
- Interface with Inspection personnel on documentation issues related to product traceability records and resolve errors and concerns.
- Ensure traceability records are completed in a timely fashion and in sync with production schedules to preclude shipment delays.
- Will be required to walk on factory floor and conduct research and find records necessary to complete material traceability forms.
- Interface with outside calibration service providers on equipment maintenance and schedule of equipment pickup and/or in-house calibration performance.
- Prepare equipment calibration recall reports for equipment maintenance using existing database.
- Coordinate with personnel in the collection and staging of tools and equipment planned for calibration recall.
- Update equipment calibration database on equipment calibration status and file calibration records and certifications.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
- Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties.
- Contacts company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports.
- Other Duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- 2 + years of experience documentation review functions and familiarity in production documentation and planning documents a plus;
- Excellent communication skill in both oral and written;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe (including conversion capabilities);
- Detail orientated and pays great attention to record keeping and managing numbers and accurate data entry data skill for recording data into material traceability forms;
- Files records in a timely manner both in hardcopy and electronically for accessibility to personnel needs;
- Receptive to learning new skills and able to multitask effectively and manage prioritize through good task organization;
- Meets project/task deadlines to support contractual and company business objectives;
- Experience and knowledgeable in reviewing purchase orders, supplier furnished documentation (e.g. certification, material traceability) and hardware documentation used during the course of manufacturing a product, preferred; and
- Material planning experience a plus to compliment record keeping and documentation review skills.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs