Quality Engineer - Level I
Quality Engineer is responsible for driving quality forward by effective communication both internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining configuration control documentation through contract review and blueprint/specification control.
- Work with Engineering and Level II Quality Engineers to submit waivers and concessions as required/requested.
- Work with Engineering and Level II Quality Engineers to review and submit First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs).
- Participate in investigation and disposition of customer complaints and customer returns.
- Communicate and submit Corrective Actions as needed to customers and internally.
- Review purchase orders received and issued for customer related items.
- Internal quality representative for internal and external customers
- Achieve certification for customers source inspection as necessary, including completing training and certification to AS13001 and AS9117.
- Responsible for working towards various continual improvement projects.
- Candidate may be assigned various other duties.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, basics of using networks and network folders.
- Able to upload and download information from various customer websites.
- Communicate effectively via direct interactions (in person, conference call, group meetings), as well as indirectly via email for example.
- Write clear instructions for others to follow successfully.
- Well organized and able to multi-task effectively as well as use other recourses to accomplish tasks.
- Ability and willingness to work in a high-paced team oriented environment.
- Positive attitude, willingness to get the job done.
- Read and understand blueprints, detailed customer specifications/requirements.
- Work independently and be self-directed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in castings industry, experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 preferred but not required.
- Engineering Experience preferred.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate but the employee will be exposed to higher noise levels when required to be in manufacturing areas. The individual may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, machinery, and vehicles when in the manufacturing areas.
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs