Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) Syracuse has a need for a Facilities Manager to join our team. This position reports to Site VP and manages Capital Projects and works with equipment to ensure that the facility is performing to meeting the site goals. CPP Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and has been in business for over 70 years. We have over 275 employees currently working in our Chittenango, NY facility.
- Manages capital project program, including design, quote, vendor selection, and implementation of projects.
- Maintains the energy management and conservation program.
- Interacts with production personnel, leaders, outside vendors and consultants to understand their requirements and remedy problems.
- Assists with government regulatory inspections and serves as the site champion for EHS activities.
- Works with insurance carriers to reduce exposure to loss and risk management.
- Communicates with utility companies to ensure reliable supplies of electricity, natural gas and water.
- Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Monitors performance of maintenance activities (machine uptime, downtime, cost, reliability, etc.), identifies areas for improvement and implements solutions.
- Establishes and controls maintenance budgets, including requests for capital expenditure.
- Ensures routine repair, lubrication and preventative maintenance of manufacturing equipment. Installs and rearranges equipment to support business objectives. Provides oversight for Plant Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) Program.
- Established and monitors systems to ensure the safety of all personnel.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety polices, practices and procedures.
- Education: BS – Civil, Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
- Experience: Ten (10) years experience in manufacturing setting as a maintenance engineer is desired. Experience working in a Process industry is a plus. EHS background a plus.
- Certifications/Licenses: None required; PE license a plus.
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Experience in handling capital projects including: budgeting, purchasing, and procurement of vendors. Must be highly organized and detail focused with technical background in manufacturing processes, and be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization. Ability to make CADD drawings and layouts a plus.
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, 401K, and life insurance.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Calls Please.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of CPP Management.
It is the policy of CPP Syracuse, Inc. to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status._
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs