***Prior industry experience preferred. If you were a Selmet/PCT employee under CPP and were part of a reduction in force, and you are rehired within 2 years, you will immediately regain your adjusted service date. ***
Accurately perform all phases of wax assembly including cleaning, staging, framing, and pattern finishing of all size molds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hand fabricate necessary gating components.
- Assemble segmented parts with attention to dimensional and creativity requirements.
- Wax weld patterns maintaining critical dimensions.
- Apply sheetwax to patterns as needed for temporary repair.
- Create tools and instruments to meet challenges of new patterns.
- Document work progress and assist others with log sheets and records.
- Maintain and restock stations for next shift.
- Cross-train into other functions to provide flexibility to the organization.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Basic math computations.
- Move equipment and patterns in a variety of positions, and use a variety of hand tools, borescopes and mirrors.
- Understand purpose and usage of fixtures and nesting boards.
- Work independently according to Process Control Plan, and tech cards.
- Use independent judgment to problem solve in areas of expertise.
- Adapt in an ever-changing environment.
- Achieve continuous improvement on skills and education.
- Utilize small, fine tools.
- Read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Requires continuous mental and/or visual attention to detail.
- Able to understand measurements and read and use a ruler correctly.
- Previous experience as a Wax Assembler preferred
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Exposure to fumes from melting wax.
- Extensive repetitive motion of the hands, wrists and arms.
- The job is often performed under reasonably good working conditions. Exposure to the above elements is generally not present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Required to wear safety glasses in the performance of duties.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs