Wax Molder-Manufacturing and Production
***Prior industry experience preferred. If you were a Selmet/PCT employee under CPP and were part of a reduction in force, and you are rehired within 2 years, you will immediately regain your adjusted service date. ***
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily checks which include: making sure dies are clean, temperature and pressure gauges of wax press machine are correct, wax levels in press machine and melting pots are correct, and hydraulic leaks are not present. (Die: a tool used to create a wax mold.)
- Retrieve aluminum dies from storage area to be used. This involves pushing the die onto a cart to transport to work station and then pushing die onto work station. Dies weigh from 25-250 pounds.
- Consistently produce wax molds which meet engineering specifications for quality while maintaining quantity requirements.
- Recognize defects in wax patterns and what causes each type of defect.
- Push and pull dies in and out of mold press during operation. Dies range in weight from 25-250 pounds.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior industry experience as a molder preferred.
- Must be able to understand and follow technique cards and to correctly fill in all required information.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- Must be able to lift from floor to waist level up to 50 pounds occasionally with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds frequently with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work as a team player.
- Must be able to concentrate and remain on task in a busy environment.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED preferred, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Exposure to fumes from melting wax.
- Working near moving mechanical parts for extended periods of time.
- Twisting and turning of wrist and forearm for extended periods of time.
- Requires use of hands to operate controls of mold presses.
- The job is often performed under reasonably good working conditions. Exposure to the above elements is generally not present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Required to wear safety glasses in the performance of duties.
- Swing (applicants MUST be able to work off shift to be considered for this position)
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs