Knockout Operator - Post HIP
***Prior industry experience preferred. If you were a Selmet/PCT employee under CPP and were part of a reduction in force, and you are rehired within 2 years, you will immediately regain your adjusted service date. ***
The Knockout Operator is responsible for the safe removal of shells, gates, and risers from parts to produce rough castings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removes shells from basic/non-complex parts using a water blaster, sand blaster, and hand tools.
- Assists Senior Operators and leads in the removal of shell casings from parts, using the caustic tank.
- Assists Senior Operators in the utilization of a cutting torch and band saw to cut off smaller, non-complex parts.
- Performs inspections to ensure that machinery and equipment in the department are used in a safe manner.
- May be required to manage hazardous wastes
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of safe working standards and practices.
- Effective communication skills for interaction with others as a mutually supportive team member.
- High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- Experience operating a forklift is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and in a fast-paced environment.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Previous experience operating a cutting torch is preferred.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, heat, cold, noise, and vibration.
- Must wear hearing and eye protection in performance of duties.
- The job is often performed under somewhat disagreeable working conditions; exposure to any or all of the mentioned elements is likely, with at least one present to the extent of being disagreeable.
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs