Manufacturing Engineer Job Description
Programming – Indirect
Full Time, Exempt
The Manufacturing Engineer will act as a liaison between Programming and Machining operations. They will ensure a robust process; provide technical assistance to supervisors, machinists and programmers in both Lathe and Milling operations. Analyze new equipment selection with outside vendors and present to management with recommendations to then start-up and development of machining tooling design, part programming and launch of all activities into a robust repeatable process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in training Programmers with Techniques in machine probing and software.
- Assists in Run 1 Improvements with current Vertical and Horizontal machines
- Process Improvement Leader by coordinating activity with programmers and
Set-up reduction, cutter testing and recommendation.
- Project Leader for new machine selection & start-up. Close upfront coordination with
- ROI calculations with outside machine sales representatives.
- Oversight of Run 1 Activities on all On-boarding of machine castings
- Provide technical support to the Process Engineer to determining part to current machine selections. Work with Operations Leaders for analysis of
- Work with Maintenance to troubleshoot machine issues (geometry issues, ball
- bar testing, and probing software upgrades to older equipment etc).
- Research Equipment/Solutions for better machine support. This also includes
- Accessory equipment such as chip readers, probing etc.
- Work with software development, selection and training of programming software integration to improve modeling and programming efficiency. Assist/Provide training and software development of the programming team members with techniques in machining software in Master Cam X9, Vericut and Part Maker.
1. Technically oriented with high attention to detail.
2. Moderate to advance understanding of NC programming and G-code.
3. Able to reorder priorities in accordance with changing work conditions and customer
4. Able to multi-task and work well without supervision.
5. Use good judgment and common sense to make numerous daily decisions.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Coordinates and collaborates with all other departments of the Company.
8. Must be self-motivated and possess strong organizational skills.
9. Anticipates internal and external customer needs, gives high priority to
customer satisfaction and service.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 10 years plus Machining Experience, Engineering or Technical Degree (preferred).
- Strong in CNC Controls, CNC Machinery, Part holding, fixture methods, & troubleshooting of machining processes.
- Preferred but not required experience with Investment castings in various materials.
- Proficient with following software, Master Cam X9, Vericut and (Optional) with Lathe software Part Maker.
- Solid understanding in GD&T, Lean Principles, and Corrective Action Processes.
- Proficient in PC's, excel, PowerPoint, and CAD systems.
1. Shared environment between office environment and production floor.
2. Will be active in the machine shop environment throughout the work day; this
Environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, and vapor from coolant,
3. Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives,
And other chemicals may occur.
4. The Company provides industry standard safety equipment, and specific
Notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
5. Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with
Applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs