Metal Finisher (Grinder)
***Prior industry experience preferred. If you were a Selmet/PCT employee under CPP and were part of a reduction in force, and you are rehired within 2 years, you will immediately regain your adjusted service date. ***
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a pneumatic hand grinder to remove imperfections from metal castings.
- Operate a belt grinding machine to surface grind and blend welds on metal castings.
- Make sure appropriate paperwork remains with castings before and after process.
- Maintain assigned area in a clean and safe manner.
- Move castings to and from storage areas during the workflow as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior finishing/grinding experience on titanium castings preferred.
- Extensive repetitive motion of the hands, wrists and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Able to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to perform and comprehend basic math skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and in a fast-paced environment.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
AT CPP, internship assignments are considered temporary employment, with a predicted end date. No full-time employment commitments are made; however, some candidates may be considered for full-time positions upon graduation.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs