Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for an experienced Process Engineer to join our team! This position reports to the Engineering Director at our plant in Chittenango, NY. The Process Engineer’s function is to ensure control of the assigned manufacturing process(es). This includes implementing and sustaining necessary measuring and monitoring of the process, analysis of data, communication of process performance to the team, creation of recovery plans in the event of process drift and responding to problems encountered in the process. The Process Engineer, as process owner, should be continually looking for opportunities to improve the process and/or control of the process, as well as looking for new or replacement processes that have the potential to improve capability, quality or cost.
Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers.
- Follow all internal procedures and provide feedback on ways to improve procedures. Provide technical contribution to manufacturing procedures for the assigned process area.
- Participate in Process Improvement Team meetings and provide regular status updates on assigned actions. Manage projects as needed to ensure completion within original committed time frames.
- Perform testing of hypotheses using DOE's and other statistical tools to ensure a data driven problem solving approach.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with multidiscipline team.
- Work with shop floor personnel to provide understanding of process procedures and requirements.
- Provide technical support to Production and New Product engineering teams as needed.
- Work with suppliers to understand the products being supplied as well as options for improved or reduced cost materials. Investigate alternate suppliers as needed to support the business.
- Review, inspect and approve all incoming raw materials that constitute key components of the fixed processes.
- Write internal engineering reports to properly document trials, experiments and process changes.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
- Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results.
- Education: BS in Manufacturing, Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Other engineering disciplines may be considered based on previous work experience.
- Experience: Investment Casting preferred; knowledge of investment casting industry related to Aerospace and IGT products required.
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (superalloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs