If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Under the supervision of a member of the project engineering department, the Engineering Technician II assists project engineering, process engineering and manufacturing departments in process or product documentation and experimentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be accountable for working safely by following all safety rules and safe work practices.
- Participate in and lead safety improvement activities.
- Interpret blueprint, drawings, and customer specifications to produce and collate technique cards to meet customer, industry specifications and company requirements.
- Use CAD software to produce images for work instructions, and extract data from customer models.
- Develop/design fixturing used for casting production. Work with manufacturing personnel and vendors to optimize designs for ergonomics, ease of use and cost to manufacture.
- Design tools, inspection and manufacturing aids, using additive manufacturing. (3D printing)
- Participation in improvement teams. Assists or manages implementation of ideas.
- Identifies areas to improve ergonomics, quality, and efficiency through use of mechanical devices, fixturing, tool rework, work instructions or other manufacturing aids.
- Assist Project and Process Engineers in implementing and monitoring special tests, compilation, and analysis of data for statistical analysis and first Article documentation.
- Assists in the development of standards and metrics in a variety of areas and programs to support business plans.
- Work with operations, P&IC, Sales, quality, and customers to resolve production part related issues.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 4-year college coursework in metallurgy, engineering or manufacturing technology or minimum 4 years’ experience in engineering or manufacturing, preferable Investment Castings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment casting process.
- Understanding of statistical evaluation, data analysis and experimentation techniques.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and CAD Software; Syteline desirable.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively to vendors, customers, and ALL company disciplines.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written form with internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize and schedule work effectively, meeting timeline, priorities, and schedule requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of blueprints and drafting practices and basic dimensional equipment (ability to use calipers, micrometers, and other measuring tools).
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Must take a base line hearing test prior to starting.
- Flexible with work hours when required, work overtime as required.
- Occasional travel to training seminars, customers, or vendor locations.
- Must be able to offer proof of US Citizenship or of Permanent Resident Alien upon hire.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs