Consolidated Precision Products (CPP)- Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Aircraft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry which has been in business for over 70 years. We are currently looking for a Warehouse Manager to manager logistics, support warehouse personnel in order to support the company’s growth in the industrial and aerospace investment casting markets. CPP – Syracuse is located in Chittenango, NY and employs over 250 employees.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supervise and coordinate all activities of warehouse personnel. The function will support and oversee all aspects of ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing and shipping of supplies associated with the plant by performing the following duties:
- Work with team members and other leaders to monitor standard work and process flow within the department to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Responsible for executing production support activities and cost saving initiatives that support overall plant goals.
- Responsible for driving down inventory levels as directed by site controller while ensuring that plant operations are not interrupted from lack of material/supplies.
- Directly supervises employees in the Warehouse, Store Room and Outside Services. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving, and excess stock.
Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
- Provide oversight for the Outside Service Process (OSP) including vendor management to ensure on time delivery to meet production goals.
- Maintain supplier performance records and ensure adherence to supplier performance standards.
- Coach & mentor standardized work, monitor & document defects and problem solve within span of control.
- Coaches and provides technical expertise to resolve issues and creates and ensures corrective action(s) are implemented.
- Insure the appropriate level of accountability is maintained for team member goals and objectives.
- Achieve production quality and quantity requirements.
- Utilize problem solving techniques, teamwork building strategies and process control to meet or exceed plant operating goals/metrics.
- Facilitate team member workflow management, workforce scheduling and team member placement to ensure the facility and company goals are successfully met or exceeded.
- Maintain adherence to company policies and good housekeeping practices.
- Responsible for the completion of Accident Investigation forms in areas of responsibility
- Responsible for implementation of safety countermeasures and doing root cause analysis to determine appropriate safety changes that are needed to improve plant safety.
- Responsible for maintaining safety standards as required by law and company policy.
- Coach and model safe behaviors, respect for environment and 6S behaviors.
- Champion safety practices at the site.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs