Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Level III - Aerospace
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The NDT Level III ensures that Non-Destructive Testing processes and procedures adhere to customer requirements in a manner that guarantees compliance and efficiency. This role is also responsible for evaluating and interpreting the quality of castings to meet Company and customer specifications and provides guidance to NDT personnel.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administers and maintains NDT/X-Ray qualification program for Level I, II and III NDT personnel.
- Maintain qualification records, certifications and proficiency examinations and oversight of required experience hours.
- Capable of providing or directing training, examination and certification of personnel.
- Performs non-destructive inspections on all components as required by NAS410, customer specifications, blueprints and work procedure requirements to include NDT inspections for aerospace and final weld inspections. This to include but not limited to visual, liquid penetrant, x-ray (film, CR, DDA) inspections.
- Attends production meetings as necessary to keep up-to-date on job progress and works with quality and production to resolve problems.
- Oversee the work of NDT inspectors and ensures quality assurance and safety procedures are met.
- Work with the QA Manager to ensure that NDT inspections are scheduled and assigned appropriately.
- Records, organizes and evaluates test results and generates NDT and QA inspection reports.
- Maintains equipment and assures calibration for tests to be performed.
- Requirements: Per NAS 410, Level III personnel certified to this standard shall be recertified at intervals not to exceed five years. Recertification shall be accomplished in accordance with Annex A or by successful completion of specific and practical examinations equivalent to initial certification.
- Capable of assuming technical responsibility for the NDT facility and staff, Selecting the method and technique for a specific inspection, Preparing and verifying the adequacy of procedures and work instructions, approving NDT procedures and work instructions for technical adequacy.
- Performs eye exams as needed.
- Auditing outside agencies to ensure the requirements of the written practices are met.
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in NDT as a Level 2 or
- Minimum 2 years of experience in NDT as a Level 2 with 2 year Degree in Science or Engineering or
- Minimum 1 year of experience in NDT as a Level 2 with 4 year Degree in Science or Engineering
- Certifications/Licenses: ASNT Certification
- Working Environment: Indoor working environment within various areas of a foundry facility/Office environment
- Physical Demands: Sitting/standing, using a computer screen, keyboard and mouse for extended periods of time, ability to lift up to 20lbs, walking
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10%, but varies
- Required PPE: PPE varies throughout the plant, check with area Supervisor to ensure proper PPE is being used
- Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant
- Steel toe shoes: Needed in all areas of the plant
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs