CPP-Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and has been in business for over 70 years. We have over 200 employees currently working in our Chittenango, NY facility.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual for our Material Lab. Current opening is for an experienced Metallurgist.
Metallurgist will be responsible for the evaluation of the physical and checmical behavior of the alloys poured. They will perform root cause analysis and provide solutions to part quality issues and evaluate metallurgical quality of parts to customer specifications.
Essential Job Duties:
- Conduct metallographic studies for production, qualification and R & D applications, and delegate to other qualified metallographers preparation and evaluation techniques as needed. Involved in the training and qualification of metallography preparation and evaluation techniques.
- Provide technical oversight of Materials Testing, including tensile testing and chemical analysis.
- Produce reports on research and tests carried out.
- Coordinate material characterization with outside laboratories
- Provide problem-solving and technical support to managers, gating engineers, process engineers, quality engineers and supervisors.
- Assist in reducing scrap and rework of castings.
- Maintain current awareness of new technology applications to metal casting industry, including welding and repair techniques and technology.
- Education: BS in Metallurgy/Materials Engineering, other engineering disciplines will be considered based on experience and education.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience as a Metallurgist in the investment casting industry. Experience with stainless steel, cobalt, and nickel alloy, solidification principles, processes and theories. Experience in heat treating and mechanical properties of investment casting. Strong background in the melting, heat treatment, welding, casting of steel and super alloys. Defect analysis methodology is preferred.
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized life insurance. CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs