Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is currently seeking an Accountant for our Eastlake facility.
CPP offers a competitive compensation & benefit package which includes a bonus program that is paid out on a quarterly basis, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K (with match), paid vacation and paid holidays.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
- Serve as a business partner to the Controller and General Manager, closely advising them on the continued development, execution, and efficacy of inventory controls.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure that items are being properly received in accordance with inventory controls.
- Maintain monthly inventory valuation models, generate monthly inventory reports, work alongside the Controller to coordinate annual physical inventory counts, prepare annual inventory audit schedules, and work to further cycle counting procedures.
- Calculate inventory obsolescence on a monthly basis. Work to ensure obsolete inventory is identified and relieved from inventory when appropriate.
- Track and detail cycle count findings to include in KPI reporting.
- Analyze and provide monthly margin analysis by part, customer, and product line to upper management.
- Play a key role in month end close process by managing and tracking plant related close activities, such as reconciling perpetual inventory ledger to the general ledger.
- Calculate and report month end cost variance analysis for all cost centers within the company. Report monthly gains and losses to management team; note any differences that relate to BOM issues.
- Account for and review tooling and pattern job analysis, identify and track losses and reconcile cost at the end of each month, provide updated reporting to upper level management.
- Create and provide production earned standard hours and variable cost reports to departments on a daily basis.
- Assist controller with providing meaningful analysis for management including monthly reporting on departmental budgets, inventory, and other ad hoc items as requested.
- Closely track scrap rates and provide root cause summaries to management for KPI reporting.
- Assist the Controller in financial planning and budget preparation.
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Experience: 4+ years of accounting, manufacturing experience preferred
Certifications/Licenses: CMA certification or CMA track highlight preferred.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and possess strong Excel skills (i.e. V-lookups, pivot tables, “IF” and “SUMIF” statements). Must have experience with ERP systems and financial reporting software.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs