Environmental Health and Safety Technician
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Technician reports to the Environmental Manager and will regularly exercise independent judgment while performing regulatory compliance fundamental functions, including Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Stormwater, Air and other environmental compliance programs. The EHS Technician role encompasses a wide variety of duties related to environmental surveillance at both the Pacific Cast Technologies and Selmet facilities in Albany, OR and participation in preventive actions that protect the environment and ensure environmental compliance. Additional duties will include assisting the Safety Manager with PPE Assessments and Plant Safety Inspections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform essential functions safely, adhering to all safety requirements, and promoting safety through leadership as an EHS representative.
- Assists the Environmental Manager in the organization and management of waste shipments along with tracking, inspecting, profiling, ensuring compliance and yearly reporting functions.
- Assists in developing and implementing techniques and methods of process control increasing plant efficiency related to environmental program management.
- Engages in storm water management including sampling, spill prevention, corrective actions, and implementing process controls.
- Develops standard operating procedures related to environmental permit controls.
- Provides environmental, health and safety training to employees.
- May perform monthly reporting to regulatory agencies.
- Implements permit requirements including inspections and calibrations, and gains certification(s) to perform surveillance, shipments, and other aspects under local, state, and federal regulations, ensuring the facilities meet strict compliance requirements.
- Recognizes and reports process deviations and assists with diagnosis and correction of safety/process/quality problems.
- Assists in coordination of spill teams, coordinating training events and emergency scenarios.
- Provides both internal and external customer service in support of operating departments related to environmental permits including air, water, waste, and spill response.
- Responds to emergency or abnormal plant conditions, and may be required to be “on-call” or accessible after hours.
- Completes special projects and participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Initiates work orders and requisitions for tools, materials, equipment, and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and SharePoint.
- Hazardous waste and DOT regulations.
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) electronic monitoring systems.
- MSDSOnline or SDS management.
- The prioritization, organization and scheduling of work,
- Communicating and interacting effectively with employees and agency representatives at all levels.
- The safe and effective operation of boom, scissor and forklifts.
- Documenting procedures or Standard Task Plans, performing hazard assessments and evaluating job tasks.
- Safely work around hazardous chemicals and perform and direct the clean-up of hazardous materials.
- Operate and maintain equipment used in wastewater treatment (back-up) and other processes.
- Recognize regulatory compliance situations and address them quickly.
- Recognize the occupational hazards in chemical operations and mitigate where needed.
- Perform effectively, both independently and as a team member.
- Use effective critical thinking skills, and take corrective action.
- Effectively represent the Pacific Cast Technologies and Selmet Environmental and Safety Departments.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple activities simultaneously.
- Apply and evaluate compliance with written technical information.
- Lead change management for environmental compliance and safety.
- An Associate’s of Science Degree in environmental science or a mechanical field is preferred.
- Candidates must meet one or more of the following qualifications:
- Two years’ experience working with environmental systems or similar arena.
- One year experience in Industrial Wastewater and Chemical Pretreatment.
- One year having worked in a high hazard chemical operation such as hazardous waste management, chemical management and delivery/receiving, or a combination of wastewater and chemical operations.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs