Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is currently seeking a CNC Grind Operator to join our team on 1st shift, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM. This role reports to the Production Supervisor at our plant in Everett, Washington and is considered a critical member of the CPP-Everett team, working closely with the team to manufacture aerospace components as per drawing. This is a great opportunity in a growth-oriented company that has been in business for over 100 years! CPP offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes a bonus program that is paid quarterly, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, paid vacation & holidays, including safety boots, company-supplied tools, paid training, defined career progression within the Lathe team and many opportunities to pick up overtime shifts.
- Setup Studer S33 CNC Grinder with Faunc Controls, establish efficient grinding passes, wheel dressing cycles, develops grind setup cards
- Determine grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used
- Troubleshoots jobs in progress on machine when problems such as wheel speeds, tolerance problems, and finish problems occur
- Edits and adjusts program at machine as needed
- Balance Wheels on balancing stand
- Dress wheel with radius on angles using controls
- Calculations of chrome thickness
- Confirm ground work piece meets the correct specifications
- Some tool making
- Follow schedule set by supervisor
- Use micrometers
- Check grinding wheels for cracks, change worn wheels as needed
- Observe machine during operation
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- In order to comply with U.S. government regulations applicable to this position, all applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or a “protected individual”, as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- 3+ years CNC Cylindrical Grind experience
- Experience in aerospace industry
- Centerless Grind experience
- Knowledge of Boeing grind specs BAC 5032 & BAC 5440
- Basic understanding of cylindrical grind process
- Able to read blue prints
- Able to hold as little as ± .0001 total tolerance
- Understanding of chrome and chrome grind
- Knowledge of center lapping
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good team attitude
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret work instructions, drawing and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in English.
- Mathematical Skills: Strong Geometry knowledge is foundational. Must also be able to convert metric to inch and do decimal to fraction conversions. Must be impeccable with decimal placement.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Basic computer skills
- Conventional grinding knowledge
- CNC lathe background
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs