Consolidated Precision Products has an immediate need for an experienced Knockout Operator to join our team. Experience is preferred; we will train. These roles report to a Supervisor at our foundry in Bloomington, MN and is a valuable member of the CPP-Minneapolis team.
This is a great opportunity to join a stable & growth-oriented company that has been in business for over 100 years! CPP offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes a quarterly bonus program, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays.
Operates shaker machine and jackhammers and uses conventional, available hand tools to remove sand cores and related materials from castings, under close supervision, consistent with established and accepted standards of quality and quantity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Organizes tools necessary to complete assigned work and checks all documentation (travelers, special instructions, etc.) which are available.
- Positions castings in Shaker machine and engages machine to shake off all sand cores and related materials.
- Removes castings form Shaker machine and operates various sized jackhammers to remove any excess sand and related materials from castings and places finished castings in appropriate area for removal.
- As required, when castings are returned from Bakeout area, performs rewrapping duties, including clipping and pulling excess wires, blowing out excess sand with air hose, operating jackhammers and small Shaker machines to remove hardened sand and related materials according to customer and Company specifications.
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work at the Bloomington facility
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
- Education: High school diploma or GED prefered
- Experience: No prior experience required
- Certifications/Licenses: Forklift Certification
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Read. Write legibly. Ability to process new information. Basic computer skills. Reasoning ability. Good verbal communication skills. Good interpersonal skills. Detail oriented. Accurate. Safety conscious. Team oriented. Sense of urgency.
- Ability to lift, carry and/or push up to 50 lbs.
- Working Environment: Factory floor area working with caustic and fumes
- Required PPE: Check for required PPE in areas you may be working in
- Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant.
- Metatarsal shoes.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs