CPP-Syracuse is a manufacturer of castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual for our Foundry department. The candidate will work on our 1st Shift and work overtime as needed.
Caster – In this position the successful candidate will perform duties related to operating the melting equipment to melt, pour a wide variety of parts using different alloys. Experience in a foundry manufacturing environment preferred. This position will also require the successful candidate to set up air and/or vacuum units to meet required melting parameters. Must be able to tolerate high heat temperatures and be able to perform the safe handling of molten metal. The successful candidate will have attention to detail and the ability to follow written instructions accurately.
- Responsible for interpreting melting and casting specifications for an Air melt unit.
- Responsible for leading the pouring process.
- Required to perform the functions of a Shell Puller and a Patch & Wrap Operator as needed.
- Must be able tolerate high heat temperatures and handling molten metal.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Read and follow work instructions, travelers, special instructions, etc. to ensure the shell is removed to specifications.
- Assure all documentation is followed accordingly
- Use designated PPE and follow instructions accordingly
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures
- Must be able to read and to write legibly.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Certifications/Licenses: Forklift license may be required
- Experience: Entry Level Position – Prior manufacturing experience a plus
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs