TIG Welder I - Aerospace Parts
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Welder I role TIG welds in a chamber under argon atmosphere on titanium castings for the aerospace industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Titanium TIG welding in chamber to repair castings, following all applicable procedures.
- Using tools such as calipers, profile templates, etc., to accurately repair castings.
- Working with your team on rework plans to make castings conform to specification.
- Using grinder to shape tungsten.
- Load and unload castings from chamber.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of formal vocation program or prior TIG welding experience (1-2 years) preferred.
- Must pass welding test within 4-6 weeks of being in position.
- Must pass an annual eye exam.
- This position requires ability to bend, lift, push, and pull (to place castings in and out of the tank) with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have basic high-school level math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use small, fine tools.
- Good attendance record required.
- Requires continuous mental and/or visual attention to detail.
- Able to understand measurements; read and use measurement tools correctly.
- Able to work as a team player and be self-motivated.
- Able to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- The job is performed under reasonably good working conditions with some exposure to noise, temperature, and machinery.
- Swing Shift
- Overtime offered based on business needs
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs