Chem Mill Operator - Aerospace Parts
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Chem Mill will be responsible for moving titanium castings by means of a large hand cart throughout the manufacturing area, performing sandblasting, and processing castings through a chemical milling process to specific dimensions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move titanium castings by means of a large hand cart throughout the manufacturing area. Deliver castings to various departments.
- Process castings through a chemical milling process to specific dimensions.
- Operate a wheelabrator.
- Operate a part dryer.
- May cross train to perform sandblasting; lift castings in and out of sandblast tanks.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior industry experience preferred.
- Able to understand, comprehend, and follow all verbal and written instructions.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- Must be able to withstand long periods of standing and walking.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Exposure to dust.
- Exposure to the following chemicals: Nitric Acid, H.F. acid, Caustic Soda, Palladium and Dura-Clean 283.
- Noise level is within OSHA regulations.
- Air quality is below OR-OSHA limits.
- Swing Shift
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs