Environmental Health and Safety Technician
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Technician reports to the Safety Manager and will regularly exercise independent judgment while performing regulatory compliance fundamental functions, including OSHA, NFPA and other health and safety compliance programs. The EHS Technician role encompasses a wide variety of duties related to EHS surveillance at both the Pacific Cast Technologies and Selmet facilities in Albany, OR and participation in preventive and corrective actions that protect our employees and the environment and ensure environmental compliance. Additional duties will include assisting the Environmental Manager with Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Stormwater, Air and other environmental compliance programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform essential functions safely, adhering to all safety requirements, and promoting safety through leadership as an EHS representative.
- Assists in coordination of CPR/First-Aid AED teams, spill teams and confined space teams.
- Coordinating training events and emergency scenarios.
- Administer training to new hires and for safety programs.
- Assist the Safety manager and Safety Specialists in the organization of certification documents, training and medical records.
- Tracks and generates reporting metrics on injuries and incidents.
- Participate in incident root cause investigations and help develop corrective and preventative actions.
- Support plant managers and supervisors with access and direction to safety related materials and resources.
- Assists in developing and implementing techniques and methods of process control increasing plant efficiency related to EHS program management.
- Develops standard operating procedures related to life safety programs.
- Provides environmental, health and safety training to employees.
- May perform monthly and annual reporting to regulatory agencies.
- Recognizes and reports process deviations and assists with diagnosis and correction of safety/process/quality problems.
- Provides both internal and external customer service in support of operating departments related to training on life threat programs, Industrial Mechanical Equipment, and crane inspections.
- Completes special projects and participates in continuous safety improvement activities.
- Initiates work orders and requisitions for tools, materials, equipment, and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and SharePoint.
- The prioritization, organization and scheduling of work.
- Communicating and interacting effectively with employees and agency representatives at all levels.
- Documenting procedures or Standard Task Plans, performing hazard assessments and evaluating job tasks.
- Safely work around and assess the risk of hazardous environments
- Recognize regulatory compliance situations and address them quickly.
- Recognize occupational hazards and mitigate where needed.
- Perform effectively, both independently and as a team member.
- Use effective critical thinking skills and take corrective action.
- Effectively represent the Pacific Cast Technologies and Selmet EHS departments
- Plan, organize, and control multiple activities simultaneously.
- Apply and evaluate compliance with written technical information.
- Lead change management for EHS compliance and safety improvement.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Candidates must meet one or more of the following qualifications:
- Two years’ experience in an administrative assistant or EHS tech or other role where attention to detail and high level of organization is required, and MS office products are used regularly.
- An Associate’s of Science Degree in any field.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs