Process Engineer (Port Hueneme, CA)
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for an experienced Investment Casting Process Engineer to join our team! This position reports to the V. P. / G. M. of Operations at our plant in Port Hueneme, CA. Experienced process/metallurgical engineers with Investment Casting foundry experience are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers.
- Review, provide input to, and approve tool and fixture design to ensure dimensional control in accordance with drawing requirements that will be consistently met at the most efficient rate of manufacture.
- Design gating system including wax and shell parameters and pour techniques to achieve metallurgical requirements of casting.
- Provide assistance to the Estimating Department for cost of tool and parts by reviewing customer specifications and requirements.
- Manage and coordinate technical input from foundry, mold shop and Quality into the preproduction qualification process and PSA casting production.
- Accountable for meeting committed schedules for both qualification and PSA deliveries. Analyze any dimensional or metallurgical discrepancies during preproduction and determine specific corrective action for each.
- Support Sales, Customer Service and Quality personnel in interaction with customers regarding technical characteristics of casting design specifications and methods of manufacturing.
- Responsible for the selection and documentation of processes and methods to be used in the manufacture of castings.
- Provide technical support to Production and Process Engineers / Supervisors during the manufacture of castings. Investigate, take corrective action, determine effectiveness of action and document any associated changes for technical problems identified by internal or customer Quality Control personnel.
- Participate in the development of specific rework procedures to salvage nonconforming castings and work towards reducing rework and scrap on the shop floor.
- Provide direction for tooling refurbishment, repair, or alteration to mold shop to produce castings to drawing specifications.
- Communicate with customer Engineering, Quality, and Purchasing personnel in CPP to resolve specific problems and disposition of parts detected by internal or customer Quality Control. Confer with customer representative on alternate methods or specifications to meet their functional requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in metallurgical or process engineering or equivalent
- Foundry experience: at least 20 years
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (super alloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
- Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
- See more at: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=co421#sthash.PJ6a6rlc.dpuf
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs