CPP-Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and has been in business for over 70 years. We have over 275 employees currently working in our Chittenango, NY facility.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual for our Maintenance department working Monday - Friday 1st Shift.
Electrician (HVAC) – In this position the successful candidate will perform all required duties relating to the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC equipment, troubleshooting, electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures. The successful candidate will ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes and adhere to all safety policies and procedure. The candidate will be responsible for inspection, maintenance and repair of plant wide production equipment and will have experience with 480v 3 phase electrical power distribution systems. The candidate must understand electrical theory and have the ability to apply the theory with strong troubleshooting techniques, experience with troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing machine instrumentation and electrical controls. Additionally they must have a good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and associated components, knowledge of PLC controls and associated software. The candidate will be able to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical equipment, and be able to perform preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment and diagnose malfunctioning systems and inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identity hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes. The successful candidate will also be able to Identify and implement improvement opportunities through the use of tools such as Systematic Problem Solving, Process Management, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Experience with HVAC equipment and troubleshooting.
- Experience with 480V 3 phase electrical power distribution systems.
- Must understand electrical theory and have the ability to apply it with strong troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing machine instrumentation and electrical controls.
- Must have a good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and associated components.
- Knowledge of PLC controls and associated software.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic schematics and plant drawings.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Must perform Mechanical and Electrical preventative maintenance tasks on all production equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
List the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in industrial maintenance/electrical experience
- Electrical training or certification preferred.
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs