Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for Automation Engineer to join our team. The Automation Engineer will be assigned to the Facilities Department working cooperatively with manufacturing and Engineering to develop and improve the manufacturing process by application of automated equipment.
Problem solving, and the concepts & tools of problem solving are essential to the job. Engineers will be required to identify & define problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions to problems that affect yield, rework, and overall quality of the product using a standardized approach (PDCA, Six-Sigma…). Occasionally taking a leadership role in resolving cross-functional problems.
- Provide engineering support to Facilities group, troubleshoot PLC control problems, advance the state of program development and management, and help develop new methods of manufacturing in the casting industry.
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by application of automated equipment.
- Develop a method to automate having the equipment computer, PLC and HMI programs remain current.
- Work with the Maintenance personnel to understand the root cause of control-related failures.
- Develop within the Maintenance department a basic understanding of higher level controls troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of computer programming and software development.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests.
- Possesses creative thinking skills and is a detail-oriented personality.
- Is able to communicate well to other members of the development team.
- Documents electrical design, schematics and drawings in AutoCAD.
- Works with cross functional teams to develop new control methods giving Operations what is needed.
- Interprets controls needs of mechanical designs.
- Develops an electrical and controls standard for new equipment.
- Research supplier products for the best fit for an existing problem.
- May assist Production engineering in problem solving of quality issues as it relates to controls capability.
- Eliminate waste and elevate the productivity using Lean Manufacturing program.
- Participate in the startup of new equipment.
- Ability to cooperate; work effectively and professionally with all levels in the organization, both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance at work.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Ensures all equipment controls are accurately defined and maintained.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BSEE preferred)
- Experience: 5+ years work experience in manufacturing environment. Preference to Investment Casting Experience.
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- PLC and HMI programming is a must.
- Configuring and designing HMI/OIT systems.
- Familiar with Motion Control and Vision.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems with exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting control systems.
CPP-Eastlake offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Eastlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Eastlake, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Eastlake. No Phone Calls Please.
It is the policy of CPP Cleveland, Inc. to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs