If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Safety Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining programs, systems, and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees, as well as compliance to local, state, and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies Health and Safety risks.
- Manages a team of individuals who provide support of the Health and Safety programs.
- Identifies, interprets, and reviews Health and Safety legal and other requirements and implements programs/procedures to ensure compliance.
- Lead all applicable permitting and compliance efforts implementing applicable Health and Safety policies, programs, and procedures.
- Aligns the Albany facilities Health and Safety programs to reduce redundancy, improve consistency, while reducing cost.
- Implements health and safety training programs for new hire and on-going personnel, including providing direction and achieving continuous improvement to meet regulatory requirements.
- Manages health and industrial hygiene programs (health screening, hearing exams, IH monitoring.
- Manages Health Services, Fire and Life Safety contracts providing compliance and other service to the facilities.
- Develops Health and Safety tracking mechanisms; finds areas for improvement and includes other Safety programs as needed; tracks corrective/preventive actions and works with operations on timely closure.
- Manages Health and Safety budget, tracks costs and communicates to management; finds opportunities for cost savings and initiate implementation.
- Works with facility engineering on capital modifications to ensure compatibility within overall Health and Safety compliance.
- Creates Health and Safety goals for the facilities and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, and front-line supervisors to drive and promote Safety culture, compliance, and results.
- Establish, track, and analyze Safety data processes to manage and report injuries and illnesses, compliance activities, risk assessments, Safety action items and other pertinent information. Drive incident and near miss reporting. Work with Operations to perform root-cause analysis on incidents and injuries to determine specific actions needed to prevent their recurrence, reducing the TRI. Make improvements and implement actions accordingly.
- Ensure compliance audits are conducted on a regular basis to detect existing or potential risks and hazards. Ensure the recommended corrective or preventative measures are completed timely.
- Establish and maintain facility specific management plans including ERP, EAP, and other permit and agency required plans.
- Work with Facilities and Operations to identify and implement safety improvements.
- Work with HR to ensure appropriate workers' compensation program administration, including working with all parties to aggressively manage and support transitional duty and return to work programs.
- Manages Emergency Planning and Response, oversees the facility emergency response team(s) to ensure appropriate training in emergency response, spill response, disaster preparedness and crisis management. Conducts drills.
- Serve as the primary Safety contact for the Albany facilities for Safety concerns.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required.
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and policies.
- Ability to successfully manage people, be an active listener, mediate issues and provide mentoring when needed.
- Willing to be "boots on the ground" when dealing with Safety issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Ability to work with regulators, contractors, management, and employees.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations
- Ability to interpret instructions in a variety of formats including written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written, with the ability to write reports, business correspondences, and procedural manuals
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Travel between facilities is required on daily to weekly basis.
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Navigate stairs, rooftops, and other industrial areas.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs