Foundry Apprentice (Furnace I) Titanium Aerospace Parts
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Support casting, ingot, metals department performing manual tasks to ensure productivity and throughput goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with loading or unloading casting furnaces.
- Assists with general departmental clean-up which may include sweeping and shoveling of debris.
- Prepares molds for filling with molten metals.
- Cleans furnaces, assists in the servicing, repair, and preparation for the operation of casting equipment.
- Adhere to all department and company procedures and policies.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Participate in safety improvement through observations and teamwork improvement events.
- Be accountable for working safely by following all safety rules and safe work practices.
- Meets established production rates consistent with quality expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be able to use and understand basic computer functions.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Must take a base line hearing test prior to starting.
- Metals handler
- Tear down
- Furnace turnaround
- The job is performed under reasonably good working conditions with some exposure to, noise, temperature, and machinery.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs