CPP-Steel Treaters is a heat treatment facility for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and is located in Oriskany, NY. We are currently looking for a CDL Truck Driver. The candidate will work on our 1st shift Monday - Friday 6:00 - 2:30 pm and work overtime as needed.Job Summary
Must have a CDL Class B, in good standing with Department of Motor Vehicles, to operate the vehicles that the company uses. Should be capable of demonstrating the ability and skill to perform a variety of tasks necessary for the preparation for parts prior to and subsequent to heat-treating for delivery to and from customers. This may include the ability to maneuver the parts via forklift, stage and pack the parts in a manner for the efficient delivery and pick-up. Must demonstrate that they are a self-starter, and a team oriented individual who will have direct contact with our customers. May occasionally have an additional skill-set, such as being capable of making minor repairs to the vehicle itself or specialize and be capable of operating a particular furnace such as an induction operator or vacuum furnace.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Employee requires no supervision as he/she operates company vehicles with a capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from specified destinations.
- Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads in a courteous and professional manner.
- This individual prepares receipts for each load picked-up and delivered. May occasionally make collections of payment for goods delivered and/or for delivery charges in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be capable of maintaining a truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Must maintain telephone contact with supervisor to receive delivery/pick-up instructions that may cause them to alter their normal routine.
- Must be capable of loading, unloading and staging the material on the vehicle to provide for the least amount of movement and shifting so as to prevent potential damage to customer parts, and more importantly dangerous load shifting that could make the vehicle unsafe/unstable during operation.
CPP-Steel Treaters offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Steel Treaters is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Steel Treaters, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position. No Phone Call Please.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs