If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for Superior Metals Manufacturing may be the right fit for you! If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits, like working in a state of the art, brand new facility! Superior Metals Manufacturing is looking for production workers throughout our facility on 1st & 2nd shift to join our team!
We are currently looking for an experienced individual for our Foundry department. The candidate will work on our 1st Shift and work overtime as needed.
Melter – In this position the successful candidate will perform duties related to operating the melting equipment to melt, pour a wide variety of parts using different alloys. Experience in a foundry manufacturing environment preferred. This position will also require the successful candidate to set up air and/or vacuum units to meet required melting parameters. The successful candidate will have attention to detail and the ability to follow written instructions accurately.
- Operate pre-heat oven for preparing ceramics according to specifications.
- Safely move material to the furnaces per instructions.
- Take samples to the materials laboratory and identify if any additions need to be made
- Perform all checklists (reliability, etc.) according to instructions/specifications.
- Inspect mold set-ups for accuracy
- Safely operate the mold furnace
- Ability to set-up Vacuum furnace to meet required melting parameters.
- Must be able tolerate high heat temperatures
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Should have a basic understanding of the periodic table of elements
- Should have the ability to trouble shoot
- Should have basic PC knowledge
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Certifications/Licenses: Forklift license may be required
- Experience: Entry Level Position – Prior manufacturing experience a plus
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs