Metal Straightener-Titanium Aerospace Parts
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
A metal straightener is responsible for heating castings and using various tools to straighten.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Heat parts by torching or placing in a furnace.
- Straighten parts according to guidelines using various tools. (Tools used include Heat Treat furnace, 7-8 lb. prybar, 3-5 lb. sledgehammer, vises, presses, and torches.)
- Perform measuring using height gauges and calipers.
- Maintain area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Follow all departmental safety procedures and guidelines.
- The physical effort applied in this job includes lifting, pulling, reaching, manipulating, pushing, pounding, and carrying.
- Previous experience performing straightening of casting, auto body repair, or sheet metal work a plus.
- Able to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Motivation to get the job done quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, heat, noise, and vibration.
- The job is often performed under various working conditions; exposure to any or all of the mentioned elements is likely, with at least one present to the extent of being disagreeable.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs