Summer Jobs - Titanium/Aerospace
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings and components for the aerospace industry.
Join our team for a great summer job and the opportunity to learn more about career options in the titanium/aerospace manufacturing arena!
FULL- AND PART-TIME POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE!
We are hiring for many administrative, manufacturing and production positions in both of our aerospace facilities. Qualified candidates applying to this role will have the opportunity to discuss specific roles they are interested in and qualified for. Positions are open at both Selmet, Inc. and Pacific Cast Technologies, Inc. (PCT) in Albany, OR and there are openings on a variety of shifts - full-time or part-time.
Entry level minimum pay is $17.00/hr. Higher starting pay available depending on position, skills and work experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Roles include
- Wax – learn more about this step in the investment casting process
- Invest – cleaning and turning; grinding
- Metals/Casting – sorting metal
- Cleaning – for those with experience using a torch
- Finishing – learn to grind/finish on entry-level parts
- Sandblast - great opportunity for entry-level manufacturing
- Visual/Dimensional Inspection – marking for weld
- Darkroom – sort film for recycling
- Xray - cassette maintenance
- Parts moving - get parts from one point in the process to the next
- Maintenance -
- pressure washing
- painting crosswalks/curbs
- organizing equipment, parts and racks
- Administration/Accounting -
- Safety -
- printing and organizing informational materials
- updating facility bulletin boards
- verification and documentation of emergency equipment and signage
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for Most Positions:
- Flexible on shift including working swing or weekends.
- Desire to work with your hands in a production environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment drug screening.
- Must take a base line hearing test prior to starting.
- Some positions require vision screening with or without corrective lenses.
- Plant positions frequently work near moving mechanical parts.
- Physical effort applied in plant positions includes lifting, pulling, reaching, manipulating, carrying, pushing, or shoveling.
- Safety shoes are required in all manufacturing areas (provided if required).
- Day Shifts - Monday-Thursday (4 10-hour days), Monday-Friday (5 8-hour days); full-time or part-time
- Swing Shift - Monday-Thursday (4 10-hour days)
- Weekend Day Shifts
- Weekend Night Shifts
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a temporary position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs