CPP-Steel Treaters is a heat treatment facility for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and is located in Oriskany, NY. We are currently looking for an individual for our Quality department. The candidate will work on our 1st shift Monday - Friday and work overtime as needed.JOB SUMMARY
Perform required duties relating to interface with both internal and external customers in the research, development, implementation, and maintenance of broad based systems that represent the quality interests of our customers and support the company in achieving our goal of becoming #1 in Customer Service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Perform contract review on and receive jobs as the arrive or as PO’s are faxed/ emailed in.
- Complete certificates of conformance for jobs as required by customer and ensure that the certificates are delivered to the customer via their preferred method (with parts, email, faxed).
- Perform temperature uniformity surveys on furnaces per the documented schedule.
- Perform system accuracy tests on furnaces per the documented schedule.
- Perform surface contamination tests at set frequencies.
- Perform dew point & leak up rate measurements at set frequencies
- Complete job ticket data reviews daily to ensure all necessary data has been recorded on job tickets.
- Assist Quality Manager with deviation dispositions as needed.
- Perform micro analysis of heat treated parts per customer/ specification instructions.
- Promote continuous quality improvement through feedback on product and system failures and provide leadership in developing permanent solutions.
- Assist in interpreting customer expectations for product, delivery, quality assurance and customer service. For example, assist in answering incoming calls. If a customer requests, and the shop floor is busy, check and report the status of their job(s).
- Assure that customer expectations are achieved through judgment and decision-making.
- Assist with and serve as a secondary contact with external auditors during auditing periods.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A comprehensive knowledge of quality and quality systems, such as ISO9000, QS9000, and NADCAP is necessary. Also required is the ability to establish a good rapport with operational personnel and customers. This person must be a self-starter, able to see what needs to be done, and be creative in the formulation and implementation of plans.
CPP-Steel Treaters offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Steel Treaters is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Steel Treaters, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position. No Phone Call Please.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs