Consolidated Precision Products (CPP), a manufacturer of highly complex aerospace castings is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the team at our plant in the City of Industry, CA location. We are looking for a motivated and driven individual that can drive execution in a diverse, challenging environment.
In this role you will be considered a key member of the Finance team, partnering with the Controller at our plant in City of Industry, CA facility to drive financial visibility, reporting, and execution. The Senior Financial Analyst works closely with the Controller, Finance/Accounting team & leadership team, providing strategic analysis and decision support with out-of-the-box thinking, along with accurate financial & operational metrics.
The position will require the candidate to have a minimum of three to four years of public accounting experience (CPA is preferred), along with FPA experience, and have a strong understanding of manufacturing and the applicable business cycles and controls. The role will require the individual to be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have both strong analytical and organizational skills. .
Responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with the site controller and team learning and assisting in all accounting functions (e.g. payroll, intercompany, AP/AR, inventory, capital, and cash).
- Assist in the month end closing process both preparing and reviewing journal entries, performing various month end analytics, and assisting in preparing various financial reports.
- Assist in preparing for the annual standard cost updates, including new product costings, also ensures proper inventory valuation and physical inventory management.
- Participate and help to organize the annual physical inventory and other cycle count programs.
- Prepare various daily, and month end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in helping to manage cash and help drive strong cash conversion.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis and work on special projects when requested by the Site Controller.
- Assist in managing the site’s annual external audit including review/preparation of audit material, coordinating site visit with external auditors and responding to external auditor inquiries.
- Ad hoc financial analysis to challenge the status quo; proactively look for financial relationships to be evaluated to improve operational performance.
- Ensures that all the Company’s financial and accounting policies are understood and adhered to by the site’s team members.
- Oversight of site’s A/R and A/P activities which will may include interaction with shared service center
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; operations experience a plus.
- 3-4 years of direct experience leading accounting practices in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace, must have in-depth understanding of cost accounting and manufacturing costing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, FASB standards and internal control processes and procedures.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic and tactical financial plans, and developing, implementing and analyzing key indicators of plan achievement.
- Ability to multi-task and manage often conflicting priorities effectively displaying strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools and experience with ERP Systems (Oracle/SAP background is preferred)
- Outstanding PC skills and ability to quickly analyze rapidly changing circumstances and provide sound financial advice.
CPP-City of Industry offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-City of Industry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-City of Industry is as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs