Aerospace Metals Finisher II
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Finisher II removes imperfections and defects from titanium castings using various grinding tools and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a pneumatic hand grinder to remove imperfections from castings and grind into position or dimension.
- Inspect your work using appropriate measuring tools provided to ensure requirements are met.
- Operate a belt grinding machine to surface grind and blend welds on castings.
- Measure parts and visually inspects castings for defects and mark in appropriate manner.
- Work with casting fixtures from dimensional department.
- Make sure appropriate paperwork remains with castings before and after process.
- Maintain workstation in a clean and safe manner.
- Responsible for training or assisting in the training of Finisher I personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have previously been a Finisher I or equivalent in good standing.
- Must be capable of correctly and interpreting dimensional tools such as UT, calipers, dyers, etc…
- Able to follow written instructions such as per tech cards, routers, blueprints, and other approved written instructions.
- Requires continuous mental and/or visual attention to detail.
- Good attendance record required.
- Must be able to maintain quantity requirements while maintaining quality requirements.
- Able to work as a team player and be self-motivated.
- Able to understand and follow verbal instructions from trainer or supervisor.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- The job is performed under reasonably good working conditions with some exposure to noise, temperature, and machinery.
- Weekend Day Shift
- Overtime available as needed.
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs