NDT Engineering Technician II (Quality)
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings and components for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Under the supervision of the NDT Manager, Quality, the NDT Engineering Technician II provides technical support to the organization, with emphasis on safety, quality, productivity, communication, continuous improvement, and ergonomics. This position is directly tasked with supporting Vendor communications, equipment management and customer feedback support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, develop and publish work instructions for all processes within the department that satisfy the requirements of the customer (radiograph techniques), Selmet, Inc/Pacific Cast Technologies, Inc., and the end user, with focus on accelerating digital radiography conversion.
- Research and compile data for continuous improvement and problem-solving activities, working with continuous improvement (CI) teams and leadership.
- Continuously review production parts and processes to reduce costs, through ergonomic, quality and efficiency solutions.
- Perform audits of the NDT operations group under guidance of NDT Level III.
- Engage in continuous improvement activities and the facilitation of these activities.
- Perform initial investigation of customer complaints under guidance from NDT Level III and Quality Manager.
- Compile data and metrics to report out to leadership, the process and cost efficiency improvement.
- Assist in the development and implementation of NDT and mid-plant CI projects.
- Develop standards for preventive maintenance of NDT equipment.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- The implementation of lean solutions and process changes developed for digital technology applications and solutions in digital radiography.
- Radiography, radiographic equipment, tools and techniques, as well as inspection techniques.
- Dimensional inspection.
- Penetrant Inspection
- Effective verbal and written skills for developing technical work instructions.
- Effectively communicating with radiography staff to integrate new digital processes in replacement of the current traditional film process.
- Performing X-Ray inspections per requirements.
- Writing intermediate technical work instructions for radiography applications.
- Performing NDT technique evaluations, and developing improved techniques as necessary for the customer.
- Assisting with the design of digital part fixture concepts.
- Obtain Xray (Film/CR/DDA) Level II certification within 1 year of start date.
- Demonstrate proficiency of computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Overcome film-based process traditions to create and implement new efficient digital technology process solutions.
- Assist in guiding people through change (listening, coaching and developmental communication).
- Develop digital x-ray technique cards and process documents.
- Provide training and direction to Radiographers making the transition to digital radiography.
- Lead and work within a team environment.
- Effectively organize work and develop reprioritization solutions as needed to meet deadlines and goals.
- Troubleshoot computer software and equipment issues.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Associates degree in a technical field is preferred.
- Continuous improvement experience is preferred.
- At least two years of radiography film interpretation is preferred.
- At least two years of manufacturing or production environment experience is preferred.
- The job is performed under reasonably good working conditions.
- Day shift
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs