Quality Assurance Manager
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings and components for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
**Relocation assistance is available to qualified candidates.**
The primary function of this position is to ensure compliance to AS9100 and customer requirements through continual review and approval of quality procedures and processes. This includes taking a leadership role in internal and external audits, overseeing the customer complaints, corrective actions, change control, doc-control, MRB submittals and non-conformances. This role is responsible for continually improving processes to be more efficient and robust. The Quality Manager will be responsible for developing a team of Quality Engineers and to ensure the department is responsive to the needs of the organization and our customers.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Manage personnel, assign work, conduct performance reviews and train
- Comply with all external requirements (customer, AS9100, etc.)
- Manage the Quality System through audits and regular review of procedures and processes.
- Participates in all Quality system audits
- Adhere to the CPP Quality & Engineering Strategic Roadmap to achieve right first time
- Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality
- Responsible for completion of Accident Investigation forms for any incidents in department.
- Responsible for implementation of safety countermeasures and doing root cause analysis to determine appropriate safety changes that are needed to improve plant safety.
- Responsible to adhere to all site safety policies and procedures
- Responsible to ensure quality procedures are in place for all processes and adherence to quality process.
- Responsible for supporting Production and Engineering changes by ensuring compliance and deploying appropriate qualification and control plans.
- Responsible for ensuring root cause investigations are conducted thoroughly and effectively
- Responsible for ensuring the organization is properly trained to the Quality System
- Responsible for ensuring Customer Complaints, Audits and other correspondence is completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Lead, support and plan improvement using Systematic Problem Solving.
- Establish training plan and targets for critical jobs.
- Provide and oversee training and cross training plans.
- Propose equipment needs for capital project implementations and may also participate in project implementation.
- Ensure compliance with HR Policies and practices
- Resolve employee performance issues.
- Responsible for discipline issues including attendance, employee relations, and violations of company policies.
- Responsible for accurate employee time keeping utilizing E-time, tracking of attendance points and vacations.
- Develop employees for future positions.
- Responsible for performance reviews of direct reports.
- Monitor and provide metrics for on-time completion of corrective actions, non-conformance reports, customer complaints and audits.
- Provide metrics and testing status to other departments (Shipping, Planning, Operations)
- Manage staffing levels and requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. B.S. in Engineering or science field preferred. 5+ years experience in Aerospace manufacturing may be considered in lieu of higher education.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in a quality preferred.
- Experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Certifications/Licenses: None
- Critical thinking
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to comprehend and interpret specifications
- Timely reports (90%)
- Accurate reports (100%)
- Operations Management – timely response to requests and approvals
- Engineers – Problem solving, process development
- Customers – audit participation, customer complaint management
- Suppliers – audit participation, non-conformance and corrective action reporting
- Working Environment: Office Environment and manufacturing areas.
- Physical Demands: Sitting/Standing for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 20lbs, extended periods of time using a computer screen.
- Travel Requirements: 5-10%
- Required PPE: Check for required PPE in areas you may be working in
- Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant.
- Steel toe shoes: Needed in all areas of the plant.
- Day Shift - Monday-Friday
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs