Process Engineer (Investing)
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings and components for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Process engineer is responsible for establishing and monitoring the investing process to produce components along our production chain that meet customer specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of Invest slurry control, testing and corrective actions to ceramic systems
- Oversight of incoming raw materials
- Drive process changes within a team comprised of both technical and shop floor representatives in a production environment.
- Design, implement and analyze experiments to solve production problems.
- Evaluate part quality as it relates to specific processes.
- Work with suppliers to establish purchasing specifications and control of incoming materials.
- Responsible for process stability and reduction in variation for all issues in mid-plant and back-end plant.
- Create and draft tech cards for various operations.
- Establish and maintain database for bellwether parts at key process toll gates.
- Develop new processes that benefit product quality and productivity.
- Evaluate alternative process raw materials for cost and quality improvements of castings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work well with production employees, supervisors, managers and customers.
- Excellent math skills and proficient with use of statistical analysis tools.
- Capable of performing statistical analysis and making data based decisions.
- Ability to collect, record and transcribe data. Present results in an industrial technical report format.
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively and simultaneously on numerous projects.
- B.S. degree in engineering or related field, OR…
- 6-10 years of professional work experience in lieu of degree, or a combination of education and work experience required.
- On-the-job computer experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and a familiarity with modern CAD programs (Solidworks, NX, Catia, etc…).
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs occasionally with or without reasonable accommodation(s).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate but the employee will be exposed to higher noise levels when required to be in manufacturing areas. The individual may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, machinery, and vehicles when in the manufacturing areas.
- Day Shift - Monday-Friday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Must be flexible with schedule
- May be required to start earlier or work later in the day and/or possible off-shift and weekend hours may be required depending upon production needs.
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs