CPP-Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and has been in business for over 70 years. We have over 200 employees currently working in our Chittenango, NY facility.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual for our Finance department.
The Senior Site Financial Analyst will play a key role in both the finance function and organization. The position will report directly into the site controller and will provide an opportunity for a fast growth track so that the individual will be ready and prepared to assume the controllership role within a 36-48 month period.
The position will require the candidate to have a minimum of three to four years of public accounting experience (CPA is preferred), along with FPA experience, and have a strong understanding of manufacturing and the applicable business cycles and controls. The role will require the individual to be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have both strong analytical and organizational skills. .
Responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with the site controller and team learning and assisting in all accounting functions (e.g. payroll, intercompany, AP/AR, inventory, capital, and cash).
- Assist in the month end closing process both preparing and reviewing journal entries, performing various month end analytics, and assisting in preparing various financial reports.
- Assist in preparing for the annual standard cost updates, including new product costings, also ensures proper inventory valuation and physical inventory management.
- Participate and help to organize the annual physical inventory and other cycle count programs.
- Prepare various daily, and month end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in helping to manage cash and help drive strong cash conversion.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis and work on special projects when requested by the Site Controller.
- Assist in managing the site’s annual external audit including review/preparation of audit material, coordinating site visit with external auditors and responding to external auditor inquiries.
- Ad hoc financial analysis to challenge the status quo; proactively look for financial relationships to be evaluated to improve operational performance.
- Ensures that all the Company’s financial and accounting policies are understood and adhered to by the site’s team members.
- Oversight of site’s A/R and A/P activities which will may include interaction with shared service center
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; operations experience a plus.
- 3-4 years of direct experience leading accounting practices in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace, must have in-depth understanding of cost accounting and manufacturing costing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, FASB standards and internal control processes and procedures.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic and tactical financial plans, and developing, implementing and analyzing key indicators of plan achievement.
- Ability to multi-task and manage often conflicting priorities effectively displaying strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools and experience with ERP Systems (Oracle/SAP background is preferred)
- Outstanding PC skills and ability to quickly analyze rapidly changing circumstances and provide sound financial advice.
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs