Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for Engineering Co-ops to join our team. Engineering Co-ops will be assigned to New Product Development engineering or Production Engineering working cooperatively with manufacturing to develop robust processes and tooling to support the company’s growth in the industrial and aerospace investment casting markets. Individuals identified as dimensional will focus primarily on dimensional control, the dies, fixtures, gages, and other tooling associated with the manufacture of investment castings.
Problem solving, and the concepts & tools of problem solving, are essential to the job. Engineers will be required to identify & define problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions to problems that affect yield, rework, and overall quality of the product using a standardized approach (PDCA, Six-Sigma…). Occasionally taking a leadership role in resolving cross-functional problems.
The candidate must be able to travel periodically to other CPP facilities, customers and vendors to provide problem-solving and technical support.
- Develop, maintain, and teach “best practice” investment casting procedures and practices.
- Responsible for the construction of all dies (shrink factor analysis), gages, and support tooling needed to produce and inspect cores, wax patterns, and castings.
- Interface with tooling vendors and CPP purchasing to produce a quality tool/die at a competitive price.
- Identify and address process yields using various data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, etc.) to uncover variables in the process that are not maintained in a controlled fashion.
- Strong working knowledge of GD&T
- Able to interpret customer drawings, specifications, models (CAD/NX), and layout reports
- Good written and oral communication skills required to develop internal job instructions
- Gage R&R, SPC, non-straightening processes and other cost reduction initiatives
- Identify, evaluate and implement new process technologies that advance manufacturing and product capabilities.
- Communicate with tooling vendors to design concepts for wax pattern die rework, the build of gate dies and support fixtures.
- Document work procedures and processes.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
- Improve Labor Utilization and Reduce Cost.
- Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results.
- Good verbal communications with all levels of management, manufacturing and customer engineering groups.
- Working on a BS in Engineering in your Junior or Senior Year (tooling design, and CAD [preferably NX] experience).
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), PC skills and program management skills.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Motivated individual with data driven problem solving techniques.
Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Eastlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Eastlake, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Eastlake. No Phone Calls Please.
It is the policy of CPP Cleveland, Inc. to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is an internship position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs