If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings and components for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
A CMM Programmer will create automated CMM programs using Calypso.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- CMM Programmer will create automated CMM programs using Calypso used on Zeiss CMMs.
- Use of hand-held MTE will also be required (calipers, micrometers, bore gages, etc.).
- Ability to use Calypso software.
- Ability to understand high level GD&T.
- Ability to prove out new CMM programs.
- Work closely with engineering for inspection plans and best practices.
- Work with engineering to design CMM holding fixtures.
- Basic understanding of CAD software.
- Understand customer specification related to dimensional data.
- Self-motivated individual with good math skills.
- Able to perform inspections on raw and machined castings, fixtures and first articles.
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret customer specifications.
- Able to use Microsoft programs, i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, etc.; CAD experience helpful.
- Able to read and follow both verbal and written instructions, as well as excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Capable of performing precise setups on machine.
- Possess a positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Able to push/pull/lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- 2 recent year of dimensional experience working on aerospace castings as well as on-the-job experience as a layout inspector, including ability to use inspection equipment including calipers, micrometers, bore gauges and height gages.
- Experience operating manual CMM, automated CMM or CNC machining center.
- CMM and CNC programming preferred.
- CAD experience helpful, but not required.
- Frequently working near moving mechanical parts.
- Exposure to dust dirt fumes, noise and chemicals. The work is typically performed under reasonably good working conditions; while exposure to any or all of the mentioned elements may occur, such exposure is generally not present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Must be able to work a weekday shift
- Overtime is offered based on business needs
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs