Aerospace Lab Technician I
If you love working with your hands, full-time hours, and opportunities for growth and advancement, then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings and components for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Lab Technician I performs chemical analysis; mount prep and etch of metal samples; operation of CNC lathe combined; and spark OES quantitative analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality
- Understand specifications and certify results to all applicable standards
- Complete job order forms.
- Knowledge of basic chemistry lab equipment
- Oversee and train lab helper in duties associated with individual certification
- Be familiar with applicable ASTM specifications and SOPs
- Participate in all applicable proficiency testing, observations audits, round robin programs.
- Effectively communicate results to production staff and or management.
- Ability to problem solve a variety of technical issues / equipment malfunctions
- Ability to work well with others in a group setting
- Learn and use the company’s web-based Quality Management software (QT9)
- Use of MS Office Tools; Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
- Data entry
- Follows all lab procedures and standard operations.
- Attention to detail
- Scanning and filing of documents
- Timely report generation
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Responsible to adhere to all site safety policies and procedures
- Will be required to access all areas of the plant
- Notifies department safety rep and supervisor of any safety related issues
- Able to handle/ dispose of chemical waste to EHS team
- Ensuring accuracy of reports
- Develop an understanding of the company Quality Management System
- Utilize effective time management to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work on process improvement ideas as an individual task
- Ability to execute duties while minimizing waste
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience: 2 years of experience with MS Office use preferred
- Certifications/Licenses: None
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Critical thinking, Windows PC familiarity
- Scheduled hours may fluctuate depending upon workload and production requirements, but are generally 4 days per week/10 hours per day
- Overtime is offered based on business needs
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large "function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a "total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs