Sandblaster - Swing Shift
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings and components for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
A Sandblaster does surface preparation of titanium castings prior to and following chem milling parts using a material mixture of coarse sand and compressed air.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses sandblast machine to clean material surface.
- Moves parts (titanium castings) to various areas of the facility.
- Processes parts out of a dryer after chem milling.
- Handles paperwork to ensure documentation is complete and correct.
- Masks castings as directed by the Dimensional Inspection department.
- Assists with general departmental clean-up which may include sweeping and shoveling of debris.
- Be accountable for working safely by following all safety rules and safe work practices.
- Inventories supply items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to work safely and productively in a manufacturing environment.
- Solid job history including 1 year at former or recent employer.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Must take a base line hearing test prior to starting.
- U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- The job is performed under moderate working conditions with some exposure to, dust, noise, temperature, and machinery.
- Safety shoe, hearing and eye protection required.
- Swing Shift (Mon-Thurs 4x10)
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs